Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

I love slash hate Valentine's Day. I think its one of those holidays which is a little annoyingly in your face---especially when there's no special someone in your life. I have one Valentine I'm giving away to someone who IS my Valentine. Since neither of us give Valentines anyway. haha. Its kind of nice to give one to someone I care about though.

There's not a lot of hope for guys in my situation to have a Valentine, though... Guys sticking with the church and swearing off relationships don't get many Valentines. I might not get one this year. And that's okay. But, I kind of wonder how the church keeps saying that everything is the same for gay and straight members---but gay members cannot even hope for that romantic relationship. Unless its with a woman. Or unless they have a nonsexual relationship with someone of the same gender. Or something along those lines.

Sigh.

Hopefully Valentine's Day will go by in a blur. I'm turning 30 in a few months and feel old---And its not quite 6 AM and I'm awake. How sad.

1 comment:

Trev said...

It's not the same. You know it. "The Church" clearly doesn't get it.