Wednesday, May 9, 2012

True Love

If you haven't seen it already, there's a beautiful video about a tragedy ... two men named Thomas Bridegroom and Shane Bitney Crone were together nearly six years when Thomas died. His family has excluded his partner from everything dealing with the funeral, and even threatened him if he attended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR9gyloyOjM

The story portrayed here is more of a love story than all of the Twilight books combined. I've never even read Twilight. But the thing is, this is a real love story.

I'm sick of people treating others with a lack of respect. I don't care what your religious persuasion, your moral standing, or your holier-than-thou attitude. People. Need. Love. And if these two had found it, how can we deny them normal human benefits?

It makes me think about a special someone in my life that if he were to die, I'd be devastated. He and I are very close but we fight all the time. I wouldn't want him to die knowing that one of the last things we said to each other was an argument. If I were to die, no one would know that he and I cared about each other except for a select few.

I don't know why we live in a world full of hate instead of love.

No comments: