Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Prophet

Today, our Prophet passed away at 7:00PM. I learned about it at 8:08PM when my roommate came into my room and told me of the news... His sister had only just recently learned.

Within 5 minutes, I had gotten a call from my mother. I told my friend in South America via an Instant Message, he being one of the first likely in his country to hear. I texted a dozen of my friends. Then called by brother.

Within an hour, I'd gotten about ten messages from other friends about the news.

Mormon news travels fast.

For some reason, I feel like I need to go to a viewing if at all possible.

He was my Prophet for half of my life. I am twenty five years old now and he's been a Prophet for twelve years. I am still a little in shock.

So I guess a current Apostle with make the third in the First Presidency and another new Apostle will be called? Sheesh, I can't even remember the name of the newest one from October yet! Takes me at least two Conference sessions to remember the name...

Why do I feel torn by his death? I never knew him, although I'd seen him a few times in person.

I'm saddened by his death. I hope he realizes just how important he is to many members of the church.

No comments: