Monday, July 9, 2012

Park Bench Plaques and Moving Forward with Honor

I want my life to mean something at the end of it all... when I'm 80 years old, I want to look back and see all the good that I have done. I'd like to think that my life isn't going to just be a waste of talent. If I spend the rest of my life working at my current job, would I be able to say I truly did good? Or am I not really doing good?

I want to affect peoples' lives for the better. I'd love to think that in 50 years, some of the children whose lives I will hopefully affect by providing supplies during my adoption will be alive with children and grandchildren of their own... maybe having had learned a trade to better themselves. . .

I hope that people in the Moho community will know that life is possible. That they could learn from me and my blog that you can be happy. That all their dreams can come true if they work towards them.

I don't want my life to be a waste.

I wonder if my life really affects people on a positive way? Do people who know me feel like I am helping them or making a difference to their lives---or am I merely taking up space?

I'd like to have a small plague left on a park bench dedicated to my life saying that I made a difference. That I, Post-it Boy, helped people. So when I die, the world will not be a darker place for me having left it... but a brighter place because I was here.

No comments: