Saturday, February 16, 2008

House Plans and Greenhouses

I know I am a nerd deep down when I admit that for the last hour my thoughts have been geared towards two things: House Plans and Greenhouses.

Why these two things?

Because I secretly love planning my future home and also of owning a greenhouse.

Recently I went to a concert with Cool Roommate where I realized that honestly, I didn't fit into the whole "club vibe." A lot of the people there were gay, and I didn't belong. Not because they're more attracted to guys than I am, but because its just NOT my scene. I don't belong in a club. I guess its a gay club on some nights or something? I don't know exactly.

Sure, dancing is great--I loved the concert. But is it the type of place I'm fully comfortable going regularly? Nope. Was it fun? YES! A total blast. Will I go back? Depends on if the singer is good. lol.

Its not my regular hang out spot.

When Cool Roommate decided to stay to go dancing after the concert with some friends, I went home. I don't think I missed out on much. I was tired and not in the mood to dance.

I felt old and out of place at the concert to be quite honest. Cool Roommate is six years younger than me so I guess I feel ancient at times. Cool Roommate had fun at the dance afterwards with his friends. I am glad I did not participate though. I talked with him later about it and he understood why I didn't go.

And to put it simply: I don't want anyone to mistake my morals by seeing me in a gay club. I don't want people to wonder "Hey, is Post-it Boy a bit of a rebel? Is he unsure about the church?" Since I am sure I want the church. And I'm not much of a rebel.

Anyway, about greenhouses... I had this idea that in my dream house someday I'd have a greenhouse large enough I could use it as a sunroom type place. So I could raise fresh tomatoes and things year round and enjoy being able to breathe the fresh air that plants give off. During winter, I miss breathing the air from trees and nature.

I've also been jotting down some things I'd love to have in my future home.

Once again, it proves my nerdiness when I admit I'd rather daydream about a future home I'll share with a friend of mine than go to some club and get felt up by a stranger.

However, at least I will know that my standing with the church will not be second-guessed. Nor will I have to worry about temptations or being around bad influences. Depends, I think, on where you'd rather be.

What was the quote or saying about "I'd rather stand in holy places"? or something like that? Hmmm...

I am not saying that gay clubs, or clubs in general, are evil. But, aren't there better places to dance? Or hang out?

Honestly, I'd rather stand in my future greenhouse sunroom planting tomatoes than go to a gay club. A few years ago, I wanted to become a world famous artist traveling Europe painting. I think that is proof enough that people (and their goals) change.

Speaking of tomatoes, Macey's on State Street in Orem has some DELICIOUS tomatoes on sale for 99 cents a pound. Delicious, I tell you! Red and juicy and firm.

No comments: