Friday, November 30, 2007

I am stealing these questions... I'm a thief. I know it. http://ldsgayrm.blogspot.com

Other people come up with better questions than I do. And I am waiting for my French bread dough to rise.

Why do you live your life this way? In other words, why aren’t you seeking sexual relationships with men?

Because men are dogs. Kidding. Men are not dogs. Since dogs are loyal and friendly. :)

Honestly, it just doesn't appeal to me very much. I have seen too many disastrous endings to perfectly good individuals who have left the gospel. Pretty soon, they leave not only their church activity but also all standards... starting to drink, use drugs, etc.

I'm not interested in going down that road.

I'm happy with who I am. So why would I change it by upsetting my existence which I'm happy with?

Didn’t God make you gay?

I don't know much about how God works. I don't know what He "makes" and what he lets "happen" because He knows more than I do about the inner workings of my mind, heart, and what I might need to become most like him.

If Heavenly Father made me this way, then I applaud Him. He gave me some talents which I love, a family who supports me, and a love for doing good things for others. Sure, He MIGHT have added some spice into my life by adding some attractions. Somehow in His infinite wisdom, He chose this for my life. Or, perhaps, it was I who chose this over other issues I could have had.

Aren’t you living a lie?

I'm not a liar. I don't lie to people about who I am. Nor am I living a lie. I like my life. I live quite happily.

I don't see why I'd have to live in any particular way to avoid living a lie. Who is to decide how I live besides myself?

What is the difference between me and gay guys who just want to not date? Not much. Other than my intentions in life.

How do you cope with being LDS and having same-sex feelings while trying to live the Gospel?

I don't think of life as my needing to "cope"... Life isn't a struggle unless we make it that way. I prefer to just life my life the best as I know how. And that includes living within the Gospel.

Do you really think you can live your life without having sex with a guy at some point?

Why not? I know plenty of guys who have. I know plenty of "out gay men" who don't have sex very often and they survive. If people just live life thinking about sex, which it seems many gay men do, then they're missing out on a lot that life has to offer.

Your responses seem simple and maybe unrealistic. Are you really gay or are you bisexual? Do you think you are oversimplifying the condition of homosexuality?

Excuse me! How dare you accuse me of being bisexual! :)

Just kidding.

I can honestly say that I'm not attracted to women on anything other than a "shopping partner" relationship. And even then, I'd probably go with a guy so I have someone to shop with. Either are good for being "butt checkers" since when I buy pants, its necessary they flatter the behind. :)

Aren’t your statements advocating celibacy or heterosexual marriage judgmental towards those people who do not follow such standards?

Why would they be? I don't tell others how to live their lives. I just live mine. If people feel threatened about a religious and celibate MOHO guy then perhaps they need to rethink how they view themselves if a single person can upset their entire sense of being.

I don't tell my gay friends how to live ever. Some assume I do but you know what they say about people who assume things...

Don’t you think people who live in a gay relationship can find happiness?

Sure! Why wouldn't they be able to? They can be happy just like I can be happy. But its a different kind of happiness.

Don’t your moral beliefs contradict your beliefs that some gays can be happy living a gay lifestyle?

Why would they?

Short and sweet answers. :)

My dough is basically done now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your attitude about life. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the trials that we might've "enlisted" for in the premortal life, and I've come to the conclusion that Heavenly Father wouldn't let us choose anything we couldn't live with. I've also come to the decision that homosexuality is something that he only let the strongest of his children choose.

Now, I realize that there are some who will read this comment and think "I didn't choose to be gay, I was born this way." I agree with them. Keep in mind that I'm talking about choosing before coming to this earth.

Wow, I'm wordy today. :P