Sunday, April 6, 2008

Being glad for who I am

I think sometimes human beings have a desire to be unhappy. Either its the way they look or their car or their job or their family... People always want to have the next bigger and better thing.

With our lives personally, I think that people seek changes in place where it might not be necessary to change. I'm not talking about changing from gay-to-straight. I'm talking about just change in general.

Why can't people be content with what they have instead of focusing on so many other things they do not have?

I was sitting with someone and we were discussing sports cars for a minute. My involvement in the conversation was limited as I know nothing about cars. This person plans on buying a vintage classic car older than my parents' marriage and likely as expensive as six of my cars combined.

It is not a problem, necessarily, to get a new car. I applaud his efforts to follow his passion which evidently is classic cars. However, it made me think about just being content for what you have and who you are. Instead of constantly tweaking or changing things.

Sure, there are plenty of things about myself which I dislike. However, overall, I'm glad to be who I am. I wouldn't want to change myself. Nor do I want to change my life.

Wouldn't it be nice if instead of always focusing on the "next big thing" we were just content with being in the here and now... and just sit back, breathe in a deep breath and say "I'm flippin' great just how I am!"?

3 comments:

One of So Many said...

If we were all content with what we have and are, why would we want to grow and strive?

Post-It Boy said...

Well, I think that a lot of people dwell on their faults enough that they become unhappy... Its better to realize one's own worth just as they are to then make it easier to grow. I think a stumbling block we often have is the inability to see our own worth.

Caroline said...

Hello there! I'm sorry to write to you through your comments but I couldnt find your email adress. I just wanted to ask you a favour. Could you delete my comment on your blog entitled Unpopular... youre gonna be unpopular? Its just that one of my friend made me realize that when one looks up my blog on google, two links appear, your blog with my comment on it and mine. Problem is that I never realized that my friends could read my comment.And i feel its really personal.Could you please delete the comment? or at least delete the url of my blog at the end of my comment so that it doesnt show up on google? Thank you very much in advance. I would really appreciate. I hope everything's good for you ^^. See ya!