Friday, June 20, 2008

Mixed Blessings and a Random Quote

Was browsing the Northern Lights blogs and came across a little blog game... pick up the closest book. Go to Page 123. Find the 5th sentence on the page and post it.

For me, it was "Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe" ... Actually it was my copy of the books where they're all contained in one book. (Would be amazing if Harry Potter could ever do this but the book would be enormous and completely impractical... haha.)

The line: "Make it Pax."

That means "Make Peace" in older British Slang. (We're talking WWII time England...)

Interestingly enough, the fourth sentence on the page says "Do Come Out" and the 6th was "Still there was no answer."

Neither of those are really good for inspiring members of the church to be strong in the gospel. :)

Since graduation, I've remained busy by continuing things I love... cooking, watching movies, working, etc. But I have noticed that right now, it seems, my life is rather peaceful. Maybe its because most of my friends haven't spoken to me in a while. (I've only seen a few of my friends since moving to Salt Lake...) Or maybe its because I don't have school to keep me extra busy.

I guess graduation helped me realize a few things about myself... I can do a lot of things with my time now that I am done with school. However, as I don't have things like the Honor Code hanging over me, I guess now is the time to proof to myself and others that I want the best life has to offer... which includes the Gospel.

For those who are curious, I have emailed around to some other companies to find work and I've had some positive responses.

No comments: