Tuesday, February 16, 2010

As if anyone reads this...

I'm trying to find a new apartment. Thought I'd found one. Turns out I didn't make it before it got taken.

I'm so poor that I don't even have the money for a desposit anywhere. The place I'm living is okay but not as nice as some of these other places. I don't see any time in the foreseeable future I'll have anything but just enough money to cover my main living expenses while I continue to spiral downwards in debt... not being able to pay for school loans or my credit card...

I really hate my life. Is that sad to say? Honestly, I don't like my life. I really want to run away to my parents' house, say screw it all and just sleep for a month...

Why does my life have to be so hard? I'm going to the temple. I'm active in church. Why am I screwed financially so often?

2 comments:

Bravone said...

Well, I read your blog! I don't have an answer to your question. My wife's favorite saying used to be "life is hard and then we die!" She is really a pretty cheery person, so it sounds funny coming from her. We have since changed our motto to "Come what may and love it."

We, like many right now, are in the worst financial position of our lifetime. The economy has reeked havoc on my business.

I have to remind myself that bad things happen to good people. As long as we do our best to live with integrity and learn from the experience, we will have succeeded. I also love the following quote by Elder Orson F Whitney

"No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God... and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we came here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father an Mother in Heaven."

Best wishes,
Bravone

Tysen said...

Hey, I read your blog too and all I have to say is I am sorta in the same boat too, except I don't have hardly any money coming in. I am between jobs, so life sucks in that aspect, but remember, there are good friends, family and fun times out there. Yes, we can't do the stuff we want to all the time cause of money, but try and enjoy life, even if it sucks. Milk whatever you can get out of life, cause you only live once! Sorry, I don't know what to say or do to make things better except to have hope. Peace man!